May 25 2022 – Sheren Sungkono
Having a romantic dinner in? Is it hard to cook something easy? Let us help! We have a delicious recipe for you to try out at home. Indonesian Satay is boneless chicken meat, usually thigh or breast, that is marinated, cooked on the grill or charcoal grill, and usually served with a savory peanut sauce.
This is how you make it,
For the meat marinade:
- 1 packet Asian Home Gourmet: Indonesian Meat Marinade
- 450g (1lb) boneless chicken, cut it into 1" cubes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the peanut sauce:
- 1 packet Asian Home Gourmet: Peanut Sauce Mix
- 1/2 cup (110ml) water, coconut milk, or milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers
- For the marinade, marinade the meat with marinade and oil. Leave for at least 2 hours, covered.
- We can jump in to make the peanut sauce while we are waiting on the meat. Pour the peanut mix into a small saucepan.
- Add water, sugar, and oil then mix it well. Bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes or until it thickens. Then serve it on the side.
- After 2 hours of marinating, thread meat onto wooden skewers
- Grill 8-10 minutes. Brush at least twice with remaining marinade. Turn occasionally.
- Serve it with cucumbers on the side and onions as garnish!
Ta-da, you made yourself a dinner for two!